Subject:  Paramours of the arachnid persuasion
Geographic location of the bug:  Columbia, South Carolina, USA
Your letter to the bugman:  Hello, Bugman! I wanted to share this photo I took of (what I’m pretty certain are) Golden Silk Orbweavers. This lovely lady and her paramour have made their rather extensive home just outside my bathroom window. Her web is about 4 or 5 feet at its widest, plus the attaching guylines. Her body is about 3″ long and her legs make her even larger. He, on the other hand, barely makes it to 2″ with his legs. Her silk is a gorgeous yellow and looks quite fine in the sun.
How you want your letter signed:  Lissa Sprenne

Pair of Golden Silk Spiders

Dear Lissa,
Thanks so much for submitting your excellent images of a pair of Golden Silk Spiders,
Nephila clavipes.  Your images nicely illustrate the beautiful golden color of the web.  The female Golden Silk Spider is approximately 50 times larger than her diminutive mate.

Pair of Golden Silk Spiders

Location: Columbia, South Carolina

2 Responses to A Pair of Golden Silk Spiders

1. Xmegatron says:

I have 2 pet (NOBLE FALE BLACK WIDOW SPIDERS) I can’t wait till one of them or both grow into adult males.mi want to know who would win in a fight over territory a male (NOBLE FALSE BLACK WIDOW SPIDER) or a male orchard spider

2. Xmegatron says:

I think people are afraid to answer that question cause their afraid the male orchard spider will LOSE.???? HAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAA