Subject:  Interesting beetle
Geographic location of the bug:  Dalton, Ga. United States
Your letter to the bugman:  Saw this little beetle flying around,  when it landed I noticed a pattern and have not seen this type before.  Probably a half inch in size.
How you want your letter signed:  JoshP

Dark Flower Scarab

Dear JoshP,
Based on this BugGuide image and others, we are confident that you encountered a Dark Flower Scarab,
Euphoria sepulcralis, and according to BugGuide “Spangled Flower Beetle” is another common name with the justification “Common name proposed here, ‘spangled’ is a coinage, based on white marks scattered on dark elytra. ‘Dark Flower Scarab’ is also an appropriate common name.”  According to Featured Creatures:  “Little is known about the biology of this species, especially of the immature stages. …  In Florida, adults have been collected in all months except October and December, with peak summer abundance in August, at least in Alachua County (Landolt 1990). Adults are found on flowers, where they apparently are pollen feeders, at fermenting sap flows, and on ripe or decaying fruit.”

I agree,  thank you so much for your help!
Location: Dalton, Georgia