Subject:  Zig-zag beetle from tropical Peru
Geographic location of the bug:  Tambopata reserve, Peru
Your letter to the bugman:  Dear Bugman,
I found this beautiful beetle in the rainforest of the Tambopata reserve in Peru. On the web I found similar ones named Pleasing fungus beetle. But I did not find this specific one. Can you help to identify it?
How you want your letter signed:  Gerhard Hüdepohl

Leaf Beetle

Dear Gerhard,
Though we have not had any luck with a species identification, we can tell you this stunning beetle is a Leaf Beetle in the family Chrysomelidae.  We are confident we (or one of our readers) will be able to provide a more specific identification soon.

Leaf Beetle

thank you very much, lets see, if someone has additional information.
All the best and thanks for your help again.

Update:  July 1, 2019
Thanks to a comment from Cesar Crash, we are confident this is Platyphora princeps.  The images on PicClick are of dead specimens and they lack the bright colors, but they appear to be the correct species.

Location: Tambopata reserve, Peru

2 Responses to Leaf Beetle from Peru might be Platyphora princeps

1. Cesar Crash says:

Maybe <i.Platyphora princeps, good image on this article, p. 14: http://www.scielo.br/pdf/bn/v18n1/1676-0611-bn-18-1-e20170447.pdf