Subject:  I am trying to care for this little friend and I have no idea what he is..
Geographic location of the bug:  New Hampshire
Your letter to the bugman:  I thought he was an inchworm but.. when I Google ‘inchworm’, I cant find any like him. Please help, it would be super appreciated!!
How you want your letter signed:  Not sure what this means.. whichever way you’d like, I guess

Sawfly Larva

This is NOT an Inchworm, nor is it another species of Caterpillar.  This is the larva of a Sawfly, a non-stinging relative of Bees and Wasps.  It closely resembles the Roseslug, Endelomyia aethiops, pictured on Ecological Landscape Alliance where it states:  “During the months of May and June in the Northeast you may have noticed leaf discoloration in the form of blotches on your rose leaves (Figure 1). If you inspect the leaves closely you will see the culprit! It is a small, narrow bodied larva called the roseslug sawfly, an introduced pest from Europe. The larvae have pale green colored bodies and light tan-orange colored heads.”  Here is a BugGuide image.  The best way to care for this Sawfly larva is to feed it leaves from the plant upon which it was found.

Sawfly Larva

Location: New Hampshire