Subject:  Unknown Insect
Geographic location of the bug:  Texas Hill Country
Your letter to the bugman:  Hello, I was outside when I saw a cool looking insect, so I took a few pictures of it. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find it on any website, and was hoping you could help. It had an armored body, like a pill bug, and had a white dot on the end of its abdomen. It’s legs had white, orange and black stripes on it. It was about the size of a nickel. Below are some pictures of said insect.
How you want your letter signed:  Thank you

Harvestman

This distinctively colorful creature is not an insect.  It is a Harvestman in the order Opiliones, a group sometimes called Daddy-Long-Legs.  They are frequently confused with Spiders, but unlike Spiders, they do not have venom.  We quickly located your colorful Harvestman on BugGuide where it is identified as Dalquestia formosa.  The habitat, according to BugGuide, is “Rocky woodlands – e.g., rocky juniper woodlands in TX.”  This represents a new species for our site and we are very excited to post it.

Harvestman

Location: Texas Hill Country