Subject:  A request for aid in the identification of an insect
Geographic location of the bug:  My position coordinates: Lat=39.1816° Lon=-78.1259°
Time: 02:02 AM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  I found this little fluttering fellow while working late this eve. Seem quite keen to the new led lighting system we installed.
I’m a bit of a softy for littler lifeforms, and this one kept me company while I was drudging away. I had originally assumed it to be just another Tipulidae, but as the conversations between us grew more personal, I noted that the proboscis area seemed a bit more blunted than other Crane flys I’ve know.
So, I thought I would ask an expert, in hopes I wasn’t just being shallow and crass to this evening’s guest.
Unfortunately, flash photography seems to be limit to the intrusion that the little Floaty-Floaty would endure. Alas, off to find a better host…How you want your letter signed:  Joe

Crane Fly

Dear Joe,
Thanks so much for your highly entertaining query.  Despite your doubts, this is a Crane Fly.