Subject:  Luna moth
Geographic location of the bug:  Orange TX
Your letter to the bugman:  I’ve never encountered a Luna moth, so I was so excited to see it in the backyard. It’s amazing! When they fly it almost looks like they have tiny legs.
How you want your letter signed:  Stacy

Male Luna Moth

Dear Stacy,
Thanks so much for submitting the first Luna Moth report we received this year.  We always enjoy posting the first Luna Moth sighting each year.  April is quite late for a first submission since we often have January or February sightings reported for Texas and Florida, while sightings from Maine and Canada don’t usually happen until late May or June.

Location: Orange, Texas

4 Responses to First Luna Moth report for 2019

1. Bridget says:

I saw a Luna moth March 22 2019 in Starks,LA. I have a picture too! I just moved from Washington so I’m overly excited with all the bugs and critters here but this moth was absolutely gorgeous.

2. Sarah B says:

I just saw this beautiful creature in Virginia and I was blown away! So Lovely! I took some great pictures I’d love to share! Please let me know how to do that.
    Thank you
    Sarah