Subject:  Uninvited classmate
Geographic location of the bug:  Northeast Pennsylvania
Time: 11:46 AM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  We found this bug in our Kindergraten classroom and would like to know what it is and if there’s a chance that we could find more. It was 10 degrees this morning, we doubt it came from outside. Thanks!
How you want your letter signed:  Ruthie

Bed Bug

Dear Ruthie,
This sure looks like a Bed Bug to us.  Is there a place where your kindergarten students take a nap?  You might want to closely inspect any upholstered furniture or bedding in that area.  Hopefully, this was a newly introduced individual that has not had a chance to become established in your classroom, but it is best to err on the side of caution and inspect the location in question and possibly have a professional in to make an assessment.  Bed Bugs will bite and suck the blood of sleeping individuals, and Bed Bugs have evolved to help them avoid detection, making infestations more and more common in recent years.

Dear Mr. Marlos,
Thank you for your quick response. I will let our principal know so the proper measures can take place to protect our students.
I found What’s that Bug  website to be very informative. I have been reading it for few years now, it’s a great resource.
Thanks again,
Ruthie
Location: Pennsylvania