Subject:  What’s this bug?
Geographic location of the bug:  Ontario, Canada
Your letter to the bugman:  Can you tell me what type of bug this is, I am tore on distinguishing it between a tick or Pthirus pubis. Found on my significant other. We found about 30 in total. All located on inner thighs, stomach, bum and public area, also two on his arms.
How you want your letter signed:  Trina

Crab Louse

Dear Trina,
This sure looks like a human Crab Louse,
Pthirus pubis, to us, especially when compared to this BugGuide image.  Finding 30 on your significant other indicates this is a problem that has gone unchecked for some time, and the number would indicate that these Crab Lice are reproducing on the host.  Also, you might want to check other members of the household to see if these external parasites have spread beyond the body of your significant other.

Thank you, I have checked myself and the remaining family members and we did not find any on us. I have cleaned my house top to bottom and washed all bedding and clothes throughout the house.

Location: Ontario, Canada