Subject:  Weird creature found at my school
Geographic location of the bug:  Southern Kentucky
Time: 01:26 AM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  I recently found what resembles a bug in my university’s shower and I would love to know what type of insect it is, or if it is even an insect.
How you want your letter signed:  A concerned student

Thing found in University Shower

Dear Concerned Student,
We do not want to speculate on the possible number of things that might come off of or out of a university student’s body in a communal shower only to be left behind for the next person to discover, but we can say for certain this is not an insect.

Location: Kentucky

4 Responses to Thing found in University Shower

1. Naomi says:

HAHAHAHA….best response ever (as I cringe about college communal showers)

2. Richard Portman says:

Amusing comment. Smiles and snorts. Looks like some kinda toy,definitely not an insect?.

3. 山田さん says:

If it is a sex toy, im not sure where it would be used. If its a bug im wondering why it has a long tail or antenna, if its a seed it could be a burr

4. I read this post earlier today, I too wondered what the spiky thing was.
    I didn’t care enough to try looking up what it may be, as I’ve my own things to investigate.
    Then about an hour later, while reading about other topics, I saw a photo that made me think I found the answer to this (that is, what I *think* the answer may be).
    Drum roll:
    I say it’s a Castor Bean Pod, the spiky part holds the seeds inside, and it also has a long stem coming from one end. They seem to range in color, as when I looked up more pics of castor bean pods so I could feel more sure I post this, I even saw green ones. I think they vary in color depending on age or life stage.
    I thought maybe that’s it, as perhaps university students may be using these in botany experiments, or perhaps another department was researching ricin toxicity.
    Orrr maybe someone was trying to kill someone with castor beans in the shower, lol.
    Here’s a link to the article with the pic which reminded me of this post:
    https://www.businessinsider.com/how-ricin-kills-you-2013-4?amp
    Here’s a link with some red castor pods:
    https://www.inaturalist.org/guide_taxa/495159