Subject:  Small Texas cicada
Geographic location of the bug:  Bellville Texas
Time: 09:58 AM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  I seen a couple of pictures on this site of this small little cicada. I took this picture this morning with a macro lens.  First time ever seen one in person .
How you want your letter signed:  Rick

Possibly Little Juniper Cicada

Dear Rick,
The closest match we could find on BugGuide of a tiny Cicada is the Little Mesquite Cicada,
Pacarina puella, but that species has dark marks on the wings that your image does not reveal, though that might be a combination of the lighting and the shallow depth of field of the wing veinage.  BugGuide does provide this description of the genus:  “Quick tips for id:  Pacarina puella (associated with Mesquite) usually has more pronounced pattern in the wings  US Range: AZ, NM, CO, TX. OK. & LA  Pacarina shoemakeri (associated with junipers) usually has less infuscation (i.e. dark pattern) US Range: AZ, NM, CO, and parts of OK & TX.”  That leads us to believe this might be the Little Juniper Cicada, which is not pictured on BugGuide.  Perhaps you should submit your image to BugGuide to request an identification.

Location: Bellville, Texas