Subject:  Katydid?
Geographic location of the bug:  Ghostmountain Lodge, Mkuze
Time: 08:30 AM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  Hi,
The creature I made a photo of “walked” in the garden of the Ghostmountain Lodge in Mkuze, when I was there on December the 24th last year. I would love to know the name of it. Many thanks in advance
Yours sincerely,
How you want your letter signed:  C.P.

3:56 AM
Dear sir/madam,
Since my request at you to determine the name of the cricket I send you, I search the internet myself some more and just now I came across the name of the creature: it’s a Slant-Faced Grasshopper, Acrida exaltata I believe. So you do not have to look any further. Thank you.
Kind regards,

C.P.

Common Stick Grasshopper

Dear C.P.
We are happy you have identified your Slant Faced Grasshopper.  Based on the image posted to Know Your Insects, we agree with at least the genus.  We will attempt additional research.  BioDiversity India does not list South Africa as part of the global range of the species.  Most observations on iSpot are only identified to the genus level and those that are identified to the species are
Acrida acuminata, called the Common Stick Grasshopper on iSpot.

Location: Mkuze, South Africa