Subject:  What bug is this
Geographic location of the bug:  Southeast pennsylvania
Your letter to the bugman:  I think this is an ash borer. We only see it when we bring ash firewood into the house. Can you tell exactly what borer it is. Pics are of the back and the belly sides. Thanks
How you want your letter signed:  Dalton

Banded Ash Borer

Dear Dalton,
Thank you for resending the images.  This is a Banded Ash Borer,
Neoclytus caprea, and according to BugGuide:  “often emerges indoors from firewood; sawlogs may become infested within 20 days of felling during summer.” 

Banded Ash Borer

Thank you for the clarification. The room they are in has 1” pine on walls and 5/16 pine on ceiling and solid larch beams.  all has urathane on the front and is kiln dried except for beams. But after 12 years of the wood burner in this room I would think they are pretty dry also.
Any chance of these critters infesting wood in the room. ????
Oops. Sorry. Just looked at the various info you sent and have answer my own questions. Thanks very much for getting back. I searched every bug guide I could find online and never found a pic of them.
We highly doubt that would happen.
Location: pennsylvania