Subject:  Bugs around the house
Geographic location of the bug:  Western Washington (Maple valley) (winter time)
Your letter to the bugman:  Dear bugman,
Thank you for taking the time to hopefully look at these prospective bugs! I am currently a caretaker caring for an elderly woman who has started to see many bugs around her house. She believes that they are smaller bugs of sorts and will start to change shapes after a while? I cannot visually see the bugs, they look rather more like fir needles from outside, but her vet suggested that we just submit the pictures to you for a more educational approach to the “bugs”. She doesn’t want to get an exterminator, but is thinking that every little black spec is a bug! So just so information back would be quite appreciated!!!
From my client:
” The bugs started coming into the house around the beginning of November. A lot of them are all black and different sixes and shapes. They move around looking like movements and jumps, trying to get away they are very quick. The stick part looks just like fir needles, but then they look like they have caught some sort of disease on them and they grow bigger and go away. They grow every where and can range in sizes of a tiny tiny dots and will grow larger or the sticks. I would truly love your opinion on them all so i know what i am combating for they are very hard to catch. Also they stick to each other with some sort of glue thing that moves along with the bugs that attracts the other bugs to them to stick to each other. They have decreased in the actual bug amount lately but are still coming in. I would love your opinion thank you very much.”
How you want your letter signed:  Thank you so so so much! Caris Ash and her patient!

Debris

Dear Caris Ash and her patient,
We see nothing in your images of debris that looks like insects or insect parts.  We see what appears to be twigs and other plant debris, as well as human and/or pet hair, but no bugs.

Debris

3 Responses to Bugs? or Debris???

1. AlexW says:

I second the “hair, dust, and plants” opinion.

There is no visible segmentation or other insect anatomical features (head, antennae, etc) on any of the objects, especially the twiggy things and hair. The former are probably just conifer needles or something similar, as suggested.

2. Candace says:

I have cryptobilaria paracite under my scalp. My doctor and e.room said the exact same thing. Please Let’s talk, I have pics of the same exact “debris ” it took me 3.5 months to id these on my own. 7 life cycle stages of these nematode to fungus gnat paracite. Human, cat cow and bird are it’s natural host. Can be deadly in people. Insect Systemic disruptor is what is recommended for it .contact me and I’ll tell you what else I used.