Subject:  Moth larvae
Geographic location of the bug:  Morayfield, Queensland
Time: 09:10 AM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  Please help! These little critters are being laid by moths I believe. I find them mostly outside my house for example under the eaves but most annoyingly under my pergola or even inside if I leave the door open. They eventually get free from there ‘nest’ and dangle down in a long silk like train, falling onto me and I find them all over me! I imagine they would also be getting into my hair and they are giving me the eeby jeebies! This photo was taken looking down when I found a ‘nest’ under my outdoor glass table. Do you know what type of moth lays these little buggers and how do I deter them? (The moths)
Thank you!
How you want your letter signed:  Kind Regards, Raelene

Possibly Tussock Moth Hatchlings

Dear Raelene,
Immature Caterpillars can be difficult to identify with certainty.  Is there a pine tree nearby?  These look like they might be hatchlings of the Painted Pine Moth or White Spotted Tussock Moth,
Orgyia australia, a species pictured on the Brisbane Insect site.  You need to scroll down to see the egg mass.  If our identification is correct, the female that laid these eggs is flightless, and the eggs are laid in the remnants of the cocoon from which she emerged.  Winged males will fly to the female to mate.  We do not provide extermination advice.