Subject:  is this a type of darkling beetle?
Geographic location of the bug:  Buffalo New York
Your letter to the bugman:  Hi,
I have been trying to identify this Beetle on your site and the closest I can come is that it is a darkling beetle. This one was alive, two others that I found in my apartment this week were already dead. Beatles are not poisonous are they? Thanks for your help!
How you want your letter signed:  V

Weevil

Dear V,
We believe this is a Weevil, and based on the image posted to the Northeastern Integrated Pest Management Program site, it resembles the Annual Bluegrass Weevil,
Listronotus maculicollis, and when we researched the species on BugGuide, we found that it is a relatively large genus represented on BugGuide and the tribe to which it belongs has two genera, and many members look similar, so we feel confident this is a Weevil, and it might be a member of the tribe Listroderini, but we are uncertain of the species.

Thanks so much for your quick identification! I now know how to research what to do about them. Have a great night.
Best,
Venessa

Location: Buffalo, New York