Subject:  Strange tiny insect with pincers
Geographic location of the bug:  Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
Your letter to the bugman:  I just found this insect on my wall inside of my apartment. Have never see anything like it before.  It has 3 tiny legs on each side of the body plus the larger pincer on each side. Before killing it, the pincers were resting foreword, not pulled in like in the picture I took.  Any thoughts or ideas would be great!  Thank You so much.
How you want your letter signed:  My name is Lindsay… not sure what else to put there.

Pseudoscorpion

Dear Lindsay,
This is a harmless, predatory Pseudoscorpion that will help keep your home free of small unwanted creatures.  Pseudoscorpions seem to have adapted quite well to living with humans.  That is a conclusion we have reached after receiving 100s of identification requests of Pseudoscorpions found in homes.  We rarely, or possibly even never, receive images of Pseudoscorpions in natural environments.  Furthermore, most of our sightings are from colder climates, with the vast majority occurring in Canada.  Though you were unaware of its identity at the time of the killing, we hope in the future you will be more tolerant of Pseudoscorpions found in your home, so we are tagging this posting as Unnecessary Carnage.

I really appreciate the speedy reply. Now that I know the insect is harmless I will definitely be tolerant of them, in the event I see another one.  I actually hate killing anything, including insects ( I actually put stink bugs outside instead of killing them, lol)
Thanks again
Lindsay
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania