Subject:  Bug found on pillow
Geographic location of the bug:  Albuquerque, NM
Time: 05:35 AM EDT
Your letter to the bugman:  I saw this bug crawling on my pillow and thought it to be a bed bug at first, having never seen one before. It doesn’t seem to be one.
It was sort of translucent.
I realize it may be lice, but I haven’t been anywhere near people who might have head or body lice. I don’t have any new bumps or itching out of the ordinary, and checked my mattress for signs of bed bugs. I also checked clothing seams for eggs but there were none.
So is it just a random adult louse? Am I doomed to infection?
How you want your letter signed:  Sofia

Louse

Dear Sofia,
Though quite degraded, your image does nonetheless resemble a Human Louse.  You are not “doomed to infection” as you seem to have discovered this early, and there are many over the counter remedies available.

Thank you very much! I was in denial since I’ve never had to deal with them before. I’ve scheduled an appointment with a clinic to remove them and am washing my stuff/heat treating things.
I likely got them on a train in Vietnam, I was in a sleeper.
Thanks again for your help.
Sofia

Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico