Subject:  White Walking Stick
Geographic location of the bug:  Costa Rica
Your letter to the bugman:  I spotted this very small (only a few cm) walking stick like insect at Rainmaker Conservatory outside of Quepos in Costa Rica. It looked more like the small white roots around where it was spotted. I was only able to find stock photos of it on google under “albino walking stick,” but with no ID.  Any help would be wonderful.
How you want your letter signed:  Clayton M

Walkingstick

Dear Clayton,
This appears to be an immature individual, which might make it difficult to identify.  Additionally, newly molted insects are often white or light in color, and the darken when their exoskeleton hardens, like this freshly molted Earwig or this newly molted Brown Marmorated Stink Bug.

Thanks for your reply!  I also posted the picture on Reddit, and someone said it might be a very immature Moss Mimic Stick which makes a lot of sense based on the head, antennae, and how it holds its abdomen.

Location: Costa Rica

One Response to Walkingstick from Costa Rica