Subject:  Juvenile assassin bug?
Geographic location of the bug:  Canberra, ACT
Your letter to the bugman:  Hi, does this look like an assassin bug instar to you? I can’t find anything  in picture files with the two spots…
How you want your letter signed:  Edwin

Hi, actually don’t bother! I think now it’s a eucalyptus tip bug instar. Thanks for your great work anyway!
Edwin

Immature Crusader Bug

Dear Edwin,
We got your subsequent communication indicating that your believe this is a “eucalyptus tip bug instar” instead of an Assassin Bug nymph, but we disagree.  Five different species of Eucalyptus Tip Wilter Bugs from the tribe Amorbini are pictured on the Brisbane Insect site, and none resemble your nymph.  We did find an image on Alamy identified as Australian Crusader bug nymphs that is a better match, and that identification is supported by images of
Mictis profana on the Brisbane Insect site.  Congratulations on identifying the correct family.  The identification of immature insects is often a challenge.

Location: Canberra, Australia