Subject:  Bug? Slug? Parasites?
Geographic location of the bug:  Kitchen, beds,hallway  everywhere
Time: 04:24 AM EDT
Hi am have looked everywhere I can online and nothing. But I keep finding these chunks and some look like crumbs. I have even seen smaller very similar shapes in my daughters stool. (Sorry gross but I have). In my home it is myself and my 2 children 3 and 6 years old we all have are own bed and every morning we find this stuff in our beds. Seems like they start off a gray tan color and as they dry up turn orange? Not sure.
How you want your letter signed:  Thank You. CuriousMom

Organic Substance?

Dear Curious Mom,
While we are uncertain of the actual identity of the chunks and crumbs you find in the beds in your home, we are quite confident they are neither bugs nor slugs, which leaves parasites or other.  The things in your images look vaguely organic, and our first thought was ear-wax or mucous.   If you suspect there is a malady involved, you should seek professional medical advice.

Chunk or Crumb

Found in Bed

One Response to Chunks and Crumbs found in Bed

1. Kim says:

Hi CuriousMom,
    I am glad that I found your question. I, too, have been finding these “chunks or crumbs ” throughout my home. I first noticed them about 6 months ago, while I was discovering that we also had flea cocoons. I feel very sure that these things are somehow related, but I don’t know how. One reason that I think so is the fact that, as I began making progress in eradicating the flea problem, I noticed that I was seeing fewer of these yellow/orange things. Another characteristic that I’ve noticed is that these things have a sort of waxy or mushy texture, until they become completely dry. Also, any time that I look at one of these with my magnifying glass, I see at least 1 or 2 black threadlike pieces.

Thankfully, I’m now seeing only maybe 2 of these yellow/orange chunks/particles each day. But before I started clearing the flea problem, I was seeing probably 50 or more per day. Still, it’s driving me nuts not knowing what the heck these things are! I have a couple of photos but they’re quite blurry. I will post update if I think of anything else.