Subject:  Flying Insect
Geographic location of the bug:  Phoenix, AZ
There’s a bug that likes to come through my screens at night – mostly in the monsoon/late summer/early fall season. They like light and seem to be harmless and they have landed on me before with no problems.  They are usually only one or max two that are inside at any given time. They are pretty small. I would say somewhere between a small black ant and small earwig size. They fly and have translucent/white wings that lie flat, folded over one another the length of their body.  The length of the wings seems to line right up with the end of their bodies.  They have little “things” coming off their ends that someone told me meant they were earwigs.  I have seen flying earwigs before and the earwigs we have here don’t look like this guy.  They don’t behave, look or smell the same at all (these guys don’t smell and I think earwigs stink).
How you want your letter signed:  Buggy-Bug-Bug

Webspinner

Dear Buggy-Bug-Bug,
This looks to us like a Webspinner in the insect order Embiidina based on this BugGuide image.  According to BugGuide:  “rapid runners, often run backwards; live in colonies (in galleries of spun silk) and exhibit limited maternal care for eggs and young; winged males of some species come to lights.” 

Location: Phoenix, Arizona