Subject:  Please identify me 🙂
Geographic location of the bug:  London, UK
Time: 01:53 AM EDT
I have a lovely bug which I discovered in my study. He was sat at my desk as I was working one evening. He is very sweet with interesting markings. I have looked everywhere for the type of bug he is and the best I can come up with is kissing bug, which seems highly unlikely as I live in London! He is very sweet but have since put him in a breathable container just in case ! I will set him free of course I just didn’t know where to set him free, ie what he eats and so where in my garden perhaps he would be happiest.
How you want your letter signed:  Thank you in advance of your help. Alex

Western Conifer Seed Bug

Dear Alex,
The Western Conifer Seed Bug is native to the Pacific Northwest and it is an Invasive Exotic species in London.

Thank you so much for replying! That is fascinating.
I will release him to a conifer tree as soon as I am home from work. Thank you for a super fab service !
Poor chap has a damaged leg as one of my cats found him before I did, but he moves almost without disability.
Thank you again,
Alex

Location: London, UK

One Response to Western Conifer Seed Bug in UK

1. Katherine Janio says:

Today I found an insect which a couple of people have ID as a Western Conifer Seed Bug. I live in Hove, E Sussex. I would have attached a photo, but there isn’t an option to.