Subject: Blue /green wasp
Location: Egypt, cairo
Actually, I’ve found that bug flying inside house I just thought that it’s poison then I killed it and took a simple picture, excuse me if it’s little cloudy 🙂
I appreciate ur answer
Signature: A lee

Cuckoo Wasp

Dear A lee,
Cuckoo Wasps from other parts of the world look surprisingly similar to your individual.  According to BugGuide:  “The name ‘cuckoo wasp’ refers to the fact that these wasps lay eggs in the nests of unsuspecting hosts” and “The female sting has been modified into an egg-laying tube with highly reduced valvulae and poison gland. As a result, unlike most other aculeates, chrysidids cannot sting and can be easily handled.
”  There was no need to kill this individual since it is perfectly harmless, so we are tagging this posting as Unnecessary Carnage and we hope future encounters will not end with a corpse. 

Actually people die every were like animals and insects in the other half of the world u’re living and dying in the same time get out of there and just turn on the news people in the middle east innocent people dies every second, wt u gonna say about that a reasonable Action every harmless being should be a life and every harmful being should pay it!! Killing animals or any being is a horrible action some times not intentionally, wt about human being unnecessary carnage? Or a massacre?!! Manup

We are an insect identification site.  Human massacre is beyond the scope of what we cover on our site.  It has always been our mission to educate the web browsing public to appreciate the wonder and beauty of the lower beasts, and we firmly believe that is a good way to appreciate the interconnectivity of all life on our fragile planet.  While we are powerless to change the world, we hope that by encouraging tolerance of the lower beasts, we are having a positive impact.

Location: Cairo, Egypt