Subject: What kind of scorpion is this it’s pregnant
Okay please get back to me as soon as possible. My brothers scorpion had babies he said if i can make sure its a paruroctonus silvestrii. I really wanted it when i cought it with my sister, so please id love to have one. I just need what species it is i can look into it from there unless tou can tell me about it like how venomous it is, the temperature the food when to take them from the mom.
Signature: Darius

Scorpion and her Brood

Dear Darius,
We are inclined to agree with you that this is most likely a California Common Scorpion,
Paruroctonus silvestrii, based on images posted to BugGuide, but we cannot be certain.  We are unable to offer you any information on keeping Scorpions in captivity, but you might want to start by reading the Amateur Entomologists’ Society Raising Scorpions in Captivity caresheet.  Since female Scorpions guard their young, you should not try to remove any of the young until they disperse from the mother on their own.

Probably California Common Scorpion

Location: california

One Response to Probably California Common Scorpion with Young

1. Amy Holder says:

Just leave them in the wild where they belong.