Subject: Help!!!
Location: Miami, FL
I have these bees in a crevice under a window ledge outside that is about 1.5 feet off the ground. The bees have been there since about beginning of June and fly around all day near the front door. I think they are honey bees. I’m not sure. I sprayed it crevice tonight with a foaming pesticide and a little while later I found a total of 4 over the course of two hours flying inside the house!
Signature: I bee worried

Honey Bee

Dear I bee worried,
This is indeed a dead Honey Bee.  Wild Honey Bees often form a new hive in protected areas of homes.  If you have a Honey Bee hive under your window ledge, you are not going to solve the problem with foaming pesticide.  You should contact a local bee keeper who will come and remove the hive.

Location: Miami, Florida

One Response to Honey Bee

1. Becca says:

Hi there! Just wanted to add a comment to your answer. Many beekeepers will not touch a hive inside a home that has been sprayed. It’s a contamination risk for our equipment. If a beekeeper is agreeable to removing a dead, pesticide sprayed colony, the price usually increases substantially.