Subject: pictures of bug upon awakening….
Location: Fredericksburg Va
This bug was on my pillow on Wednesday the 5th of May….a bit after a biblical 3 days straight downpour in Fredericksburg Virginia…It was on my pillow above my ear ……………………..
I think it was bigger than an an inch but smaller than an inch and a half.
I’d really like to know what it was…………
Signature: susan warner

Stonefly

Dear Susan,
This is some species of Stonefly in the order Plectoptera.  We wish you had been able to attach an in focus image of the entire insect as that would help us with identification.  This BugGuide image of a member of the genus
Isoperia, and this BugGuide image of Taenionema atlanticum both look similar to your individual.  Do you live near a stream or river?  The larvae of Stoneflies are aquatic, and they are f0und in fresh water.

Stonefly

the photo in BugGuide looks exactly like the fellow on my pillow….thanx.  I live near the Rappahanock River hence a freshwater source.  I have hand tremors and now have real trouble getting a well focused photograph…. but now it’s hard to get an in focus shot. Curses!

Location: Fredericksburg, Virginia