Subject: Please help bug on the bed
Location: South Florida browsed county
Hi there please help I found a super tiny black bug on the bed moving know it is not a bed bug but I can’t figure out with it is when I squeezed it it mad a pop sound similar to a tick and blood came out but does not look like a tick it also had a tail that somewhat resembles a scorpion or an ear wick but only one not two and again it was super tiny I got a picture of it but it’s so small it’s not super clear . I have been very itchy with Tiny but marks
Signature: Concerned and itchy

Louse

Dear Concerned and itchy,
This is a Louse, and chances are good that if you found one, there might be more.  You might want to begin by checking the heads of all who slept in the bed.

Location: Florida

4 Responses to Louse found on bedding

1. Mark says:

As stated, this is a louse. & it is worth checking the head hair of people who slept there for both lice & their eggs.

However, it could be a body louse as opposed to a head louse.

Body lice have a similar life cycle to head lice, but they tend to live in the hems and seams of clothing & only come out of hiding to feed on their host, before returning to their clothing or possibly bedding.

So it is worth checking your clothing for more of these critters. Concentrate on the seams, hems, folds & pleats.

Thanks for the advice.

• Mark says:

The fact that Concerned and Itchy reports small marks on their skin and itchiness makes me almost certain that this is a case of body lice rather than head lice.

My answer comes very late for them, but hopefully can help others who are unfortunate enough to find themselves in a similar predicament.

2. brooke says:

i found one on the top of my shirt which was nearby my hair and im a kid so i dont know if they are dangerous but i got scared when i found it on my neck