Subject: The wall walking bug
Location: Belgium, Gent
April 5, 2017 6:34 am
After a more general cleaning of my home, the next day I noticed this bug walking on the wall. It might have come out of the wooden beams(I live in the last floor, roof floor kind of an attic). It seemed to be intelligent because it moved only when I was gone. I took a picture while it was there. To take in account, our house has damp problems, but apart from that we try to keep it as clean and as dry as possible. There is not much light in the room in general. This bug was around 1cm long, it was the last days of April when I saw it.
Thank you so much for the great work that you do, I will be looking forward on an answer to hopefully receive an answer for what kind of bug this might be!
Signature: Katrina

Woodlouse

Dear Katrina,
This is a common Woodlouse, a terrestrial crustacean often found in gardens.  Woodlice prefer dark, damp conditions.

Location: Gent, Belgium