Subject: What’s This Coleopteran?
Location: Chalalán Ecolodge, Madidi National Park, Aten Canton, Apolo Municipality, Franz Tamayo Province, La Paz Department, Bolivia
These are two different individuals that I believe to be from the same family, if not genus. If possible, I would love to know what family that is. One is purple and black, and the other is white and black, and their elytra come to an arch or point in the center of their body. These were found and taken at Chalalán Ecolodge, Madidi National Park, Aten Canton, Apolo Municipality, Franz Tamayo Province, La Paz Department, Bolivia. This is a NT0166 Southwest Amazon Moist Forest WWF Ecoregion.
Signature: Thank you so much WTB

Pleasing Fungus Beetle

Your purple beetle is a Pleasing Fungus Beetle in the family Erotylidae, and this individual from Columbia in our archives shares characteristics with your individuals, so we are in agreement that both beetles are in the same family.  This image on Getty Images is only identified to the family level.  We located this cyan-blue individual on Project Noah that is identified as Cypherotylus cf. dromedarius, with the species name being a reference to the camel-like hump.  Insetologia, our sister site in Brazil has this wonderful posting. 

Pleasing Fungus Beetle