Subject: I don’t think it’s a bed bug, but what is it?
Location: Seoul, South Korea
January 25, 2017 7:06 am
I keep finding these little guys around my apartment. Started showing up about two weeks ago once it really started getting cold, though I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. I find one – five of them a day, usually crawling on the wall or floor. I live in a one room apartment in South Korea, so kitchen pantry, bed, and bathroom are all within reach. I generally find the bugs near my computer desk or on the floor near the bed. As far as I can tell from googling around, they don’t look like bedbugs, but I’m starting to wonder if I should be concerned about them as I’m only finding more of them every day now.
Thanks for the help!
Signature: Owen

Grain Weevil

Dear Owen,
This is a Grain Weevil, a cosmopolitan household pest that infests stored grain products including rice, pet foods and bird seed.  Search the pantry and that bargain bag of pet food for possible sources of your infestation.

Amazing! Thank you so much for the quick ID. I’ll purge the pantry ASAP. This website is fantastic!
– Owen

Location: Seoul, South Korea