Subject: Spider in the Flower Garden
Location: Menifee, California
January 12, 2017 10:15 am
We recently moved from Santa Ana, Ca. to Menifee, Ca. nearer my wife’s parents to care for them and one day my wife spotted this amazing spider in her Aunt’s flower garden. She said that the size of the one flower is about the size of a half-dollar. Haven’t seen the spider since then but will keep and eye open for them.
Signature: David Nadzam

Green Lynx Spider

Dear David,
This is a nice female Green Lynx Spider, one of our favorite species on What’s That Bug? and this is quite late in the year to see one.  Judging by her size, she is eating well, and she may be ready to lay some egg sacs that she will guard.  Green Lynx Spiders do not build webs to snare prey, but rather, they pounce on their prey, often from a great distance.  Green Lynx Spiders are frequently found on blossoms in the garden.

Thanks Daniel,
I will definitely go looking through Patti’s Aunts flower bed come the spring for more of them.  Maybe I can get some on my side of the street here to hunt through my bonsai trees.
Regards, Dave

Location: Menifee, California