Subject: Please help…
Location: Pillow case and bed in RI
January 6, 2017 10:05 am
Hi, I just went into our guest room..(seldom used) and found these little black beadlike things all over the bed and discovered that they came from deep inside the pillow case!! There is hundreds of them…really hard but you can smash them…kind of white inside, or cream colored? The bed was slept in last night so it was unmade…I discovered these things all in the sheets but definitely the source was the pillow case…OMG! We live in Rhode Island in an old colonial style home, but I had the Pest guy over recently because we thought we heard a squirrel or something int he house but he found no evidence….what is this? Can you please help?
Thank you in advance…
Margaret Scully
Signature: Little black things

Rodent Stash: Pokeweed Seeds

Dear Margaret,
We have several postings in our archive that are similar, and while we have always suspected that this is the result of a rodent, like a mouse, stashing away seeds indoors, we eventually identified the actual seeds as Pokeweed Seeds.  Our suspicion is that a rodent was squirrelling away seeds in anticipation of a harsh winter.

Rodent Stash: Pokeweed Seeds

I have contacted the pest control guy and he is coming Monday…. Thank you so much for the identification, I am indeed consoled… and happy that it wasn’t aliens.
Have a wonderful New Year,
Margaret

Location: Rhode Island

One Response to Mouse’s Food Stash: Pokeweed Seeds

1. Sheree says:

Hi Margaret

I found these in my linen and bedroom closets recently I noticed you called pest control did they have any suggestions for you. Also did they confirm they are pokeweed seeds.

Thank you
    Sheree
    New Jersey