Subject: WTB
Location: Johannesburg
December 8, 2016 9:06 am
Hi
ref photo, Taken by me, Johannesburg, Dec 8th near the airport. The closest thing I could find was the Helmeted Squash bug. But I dont think its that. African derivative ? It does stink, when disturbed,
and does have offspring as per pic, plenty of. Please could you let me know what this is ?
Thx
Rgds
Signature: Gary

Hi, I found it
Carlisis Wahlbergi, or giant twig wilter, apparently you guys had already ID’d this in 2010. Thx G

Tip Wilters: Adults and First Instar

Tip Wilters: Adults and First Instar

Dear Gary,
We are happy you located the Giant Tip Wilter on our site.  Your image is awesome.  It pictures two winged imagos, the adult form, and what we believe is a first instar nymph recently hatched.  Since we will be away from the office during the holidays, we are postdating your submission to go live to our site at the end of the month.

Update:  January 6, 2017
Hi Daniel
Thank you for putting the pic on the web site.
I have two more , as attached, for your perusal.
Thx
G

Tip Wilter Nymphs

Happy New Year Gary,
Your new images are quite nice.  We especially like the image of the newly metamorphosed red nymph whose color should soon darken.

Tip Wilter Metamorphosis

Location: Johannesburg, South Africa