Subject: Cicindela sp?
Location: Laba He, Sichwan, China
Dear Bugman!
This time I have a few ”bugs” fron SW China which I visited during october 2016.
First bug is probably a Cicindela.
Sadly I did not take any photos with reference object, which of course would have been good.
This species´ body is about 1½ times Cicindela sylvatica. In other words around 30 mm.
I was photographed in Laba He Nature Reserve in Sichwan, China at the altitude of about 1200 – 1500 metres asl.
Signature: slit

Longicorn

Longicorn

Dear Slit,
This is NOT a Tiger Beetle in the genus
Cicindela as you suspect, but rather a Longicorn or Longhorned Borer Beetle in the family Cerambycidae.  Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with a species or genus at this time.

Longicorn

Longicorn

Identification courtesy of Karl
Hello Daniel and slit:
There are several longicorns in the genus Anoplophora that look very similar to this one. I think A. coeruleoantennata (Cerambycidae: Lamiinae) is the closest match. Regards. Karl

Longicorn

Longicorn

Update
Location: Sichuan (page 23) 2016-01-12
January 13, 2017 12:24 am
Dear BugmaA few weeks ago I posted a Longicorn on this page. A “Karl” commented on it and suggested it may very well be a Anophlophora coeruleogantenata ! I have googled on this species but not been able to find it. I wonder if it might be a synonym. I would like to et in contact with this Karl for further information. Can you please either send me his mailadress, or send my mailaddress to him, with my request? I would appreciate it.
my mailadress slithner@outlook.com
Signature: To “Karl”

Hello again Slit,
We wonder perhaps if you could not locate information because of an incorrect spelling. 
Anoplophora only has one “h”.

No that´s not the solution. I also got the suggestion Anplophora glabripennis which is easy to find. Have you got any link you can suggest for A. coeruleogantenata? I have tried on both Google Chrome and Internet explorer.
I have looked at images of A. glabripennis, but I doubt that is the one.
Cheers
Stefan

here is this link that Karl originally provided where we learned an alternate species name is “Melanauster coeruleoantennata Breuning”.
https://apps2.cdfa.ca.gov/publicApps/plant/bycidDB/wdetails.asp?id=32215&w=o

Location: Laba He, Sichwan, China