Subject: Mexican Red Abdomen Winged Beetle
Location: Puebla, Mexico
Hi! I have been searching around using different key words but I don’t have the knowledge to sufficiently describe at least the curious antennae of this winged beetle found in Mexico in the state of Puebla. It would be amazing if either you know the beetle and its genus/latin name, and I would be very Very curious to read your scientific description of the beetle. The language for these descriptions are fascinating (something we take for granted all too often). Whenever possible, I’d love to know more. Thank you in advance and my sincere appreciation for your support!
Signature: Sean Aguirre Buckley

Giant Mesquite Bug

Giant Mesquite Bug

Dear Sean,
There are very few online images of Giant Mesquite Bugs from the genus
Thasus online that show the red abdomen, but we did locate this image on BugGuide.  The Giant Mesquite Bug is a True Bug in the family Coreidae, the Big Legged Bugs or Leaf Footed Bugs, not a beetle.  We get numerous requests to identify the colorful nymphs of Giant Mesquite Bugs that tend to feed in groups.

Location: Puebla, Mexico