Subject: Urban Oasis for Butterflies
Location: Harker Heights, Texas
Hello again!
Bad news: I had to have dental surgery. 🙁
Good news: My very-excellent-surgeon has built a new office building, complete with wildlife gardens that he and his wife planted. 🙂
Clouds of butterflies are enjoying their gardens. Eighty-three degrees today, with not a cloud in the skies.
I saw monarchs, queens (I think? some mating), American snouts, giant swallowtails, sulphurs, skippers, whites, emperors, maybe sleepy oranges, tiny blues… all so beautiful.
Hoping you’re both having a great week.
Signature: Ellen

Queens

Queens

Dear Ellen,
We are sorry to hear about your surgery, and we think it is amazing that you took your camera with you to the dentist.  We love your images of Queens, a Monarch and a Giant Swallowtail.

Monarch

Monarch

Thank you! I had to return to the dental surgeon’s office a second day, oh joy, and took my camera then. The surgeon and staff had invited me into the employees’ courtyard to take photos because I admired the gardens through the picture windows when I saw them on the first day. So very kind of them!

Butterflies

Butterflies

Location: Harker Heights, Texas