Subject: It’s watching me…
Location: Sydney, Australia
Hi Bugman,
Found this little specimen buzzing around my bedroom this morning, I assume it flew it the back door when I had it open.
It’s about 30mm long
Any help with an ID would be great, as I have never seen anything like it in the garden before.
Signature: Mark

Checkered Beetle

Checkered Beetle

Dear Mark,
This is a Checkered Beetle in the family Cleridae, but we are not certain of the species.  It looks similar to
 Scrobiger albocinctus which is pictured on the Brisbane Insect site where it states:  “The beetle has large eyes and bright yellow antenna. Its large and strong mandible suggested it is a predator. Its wing covers are black in colour with pink at the back, separated by a white line across. This beetle was found on gum leaf in Karawatha Forest during mid summer. The beetle was walking on leaves and stems, waving its antenna, seemed searching for something. The beetle was slow moving and did not quite response to our interrupt. ”  It also resembles Trogodendron fasciculatum which is pictured on Csiro.  

Checkered Beetle

Checkered Beetle

Never mind!
Its this guy –> http://www.ozanimals.com/Insect/Yellow-horned-Clerid/Trogodendron/fasciculatum.html

Location: Sydney, Australia