Subject: mystery beautiful aztec print back bug
Location: Deal Kent
October 14, 2016 10:38 am
Hello bugman, got a bit scared by a bug today, over a 50p size, brownish but with amazing detail on it’s back, like Aztec designs, all symmetrical and red and goldy un colour. We let him go out of the front door after taking a photo. Can you help identify him?
Signature: Eve Hudson & family

Western Conifer Seed Bug

Western Conifer Seed Bug

Dear Eve Hudson & family,
Despite the lack of clarity in your image, we are quite certain this is a Western Conifer Seed Bug,
Leptoglossus occidentalis, a Pacific northwest North American species that was introduced to Europe at the beginning of the 21st CenturyWestern Conifer Seed Bugs seek shelter indoors to hibernate when the weather begins to cool.  Because we must travel away from the office, we will be post-dating your submission to go live during our absence at the end of the week.

Location: Deal, Kent, England

One Response to Western Conifer Seed Bug in Kent, UK

1. Emma Stephens says:

I have had 3 of these bugs in my house in the last 3 days. Have never seen one before. Googled it, Western conifer seed bug.. I am in Rochester, Kent.