Subject: identification
Location: Tucson, AZ
I am submitting a few photos of insects for identification. They were taken between October 1 and 4 2016 in our community garden in Tucson, AZ.
Image 1 I believe to be a bee fly, perhaps of genus Exoprosopa.
Image 2. is a caterpillar (Sulphur of some sort?) on Lindheimers Senna
Image 3 fairly large sized ants
I would be very happy if you could identify the insets in these photos that I would like to share with my fellow gardeners.
Thanks very much!
Signature: Melody

Cloudless Sulphur Caterpillar

Cloudless Sulphur Caterpillar

Dear Melody,
Unless there is a good reason, like a predator/prey relationship, we tend to confine our postings to a single species, or closely related species for classification purposes on our site.  We will be dealing with your identification requests one at a time.  The caterpillar is that of a Cloudless Sulphur,
Phoebis sennae, which you can verify by comparing your image to this BugGuide image.  The caterpillars are found in both a yellow and green form, with the yellow caterpillars feeding on blossoms and the green ones feeding on leaves.

Location: Tuscon, Arizona