Subject: RE: centipede in stool??
Location: Houston, TX
September 1, 2016 8:10 am
Hi, I am hoping that you can give me some insight into this matter. My husband has had diarrhea for about a week now. He went to the doctor, and we are waiting for results from his stool sample. This morning, he had an accident in his pants, and we found this worm that doesn’t resemble any of the more common intestinal parasites. I searched the internet, and found a post from Feb. 2013 titled “Can Centipedes really crawl up your butt??” The culprit resembles the picture in the post, so I am wondering what the final findings were. Thanks.
Signature: concerned wife

Centipede found in husband's messy underwear

Centipede found in husband’s messy pants.

Dear concerned wife,
We invested much research into the posting you cited:  Can Centipedes really crawl up your butt??  What we find troubling about your submission is that your Centipede does not look like a Soil Centipede, the group that was the subject of all our research as well as other strange reports we have received including Soil Centipede presumably passed during bowel movement and Soil Centipede found in Bath WaterBugGuide also has a submission of a Soil Centipede found in a human stool sample.  Soil Centipedes are described on BugGuide as being:  “Slender, rather sluggish eyeless centipedes that have 27 to 191 pairs (the number of leg pairs is always odd) of legs and 14-segmented antennae. They burrow in the substrate in a manner similar to earthworms, by elongating and contracting their bodies.”  If our calculations are correct, your Centipede has fewer than 21 pairs of legs, so it is NOT a Soil Centipede.  Additionally, your Centipede does not appear like it has been in a human gastrointestinal tract.  Your Centipede appears like it might be in the genus
Cryptops, based on this imaged of Crytops hortensis which is posted to BugGuide and appears to have the same number of legs as your individual.  We also have a posting on our site of a Tiger Centipede found in a young lady’s panties, and it was definitely NOT a parasite.  We suspect it just sought out a warm dark place, which is what we are inclined to believe regarding the Centipede you found.  We would urge you to keep the specimen and take it to the doctor conducting the stool sample, but again, we are inclined to believe the two instances are a coincidence and that your husband’s diarrhea is not related to the discovery of the Centipede in his dirtied pants.  Please keep us posted if there are additional developments or questions.

Location: Houston, Texas

15 Responses to Centipede found in human stool.

1. M says:

Dear concerned wife,
    My 22year old daughter has passed 2 of these centipede like parasites three years apart . Despite no one in the medical profession believing us. I have seen the second one personally, both times were preceded by cronic stomach pains. Im at my wits end as to what to do as during this three Year period her Health has gone from Being a perfectly healthy Normal young woman to a Shell of her former self. Tiredness, stomach pains , headaches, muscle pains , electric shock like pains in her chest and body Being Some of the symptoms . Of course she has been to multiple doctors more times than i can count , shes been to the a&e departement of two separate Hospitals twice and no one . No one . Believe s us. We ve had blood samples, stool samples , analysed to no Avail. What really scares me is that in the Past week these chronic pains have been manifesting again accompanied by awful pressure in her chest and pack of Breath. Shes had a heart trace but again Nothing showde up. So yet again shes been sent home from hospital without any Answers. IVe tried over the counter pharmacy remedies and Herbal remedies such as blavkwalnut hull, clove oil and worm wood and yet it survives. Im desperate , desperate for help. If anyone has any bit of information or guidence on this Please Please help.
    Concerned and frightened mother

2. M says:

My daughter has similar complaint

3. Guest says:

I (age 64) believe you, and a sighting myself is the reason for being on this website now. Just in the past hour, I saw a small centipede (approximately 1-1.5 inches) in the toilet after cleaning myself. This was after I had already flushed the toilet more than once during the first part of a bowel movement and subsequent cleansing, so it must have come from me. Of course it’s concerning, but my complaints are not similar to your daughter’s, so, for now, it will be a wait and see game. I did unexpectedly break out in hives(?) all over my body last night, but it doesn’t seem related.

4. Carlina says:

I had a wound in my neck. After a year I felt like something was in my skin. My hair getting thinner and I felt as though my scalp had trail like paths all over it. I picked the whole year thinking it was in grown hair. I had an enormous amount of white mucous coming out of my nose and throat. When I took a shower I started massaging my scalp. I felt a release of pressure and in the tub was two millions looking worms. I went to the ER and they asked if I was crazy. I’m still thinking there are more. I am balding in the area and the fluid in my mouth burns like acid. Someone please help me figure out what’s wrong

5. Carlina says:

Please let me know if they have you something to rid this

6. Laurel adams says:

I also had bowl movement and brown centipede came out.. I saved it and trying to get help. First I need antibiotics prescribed by doctor, then am doing cleanse . Walnut hull, etc. changing diet . A great kit to buy is viome, it tests for all parisites and determines what foods you can eat. It’s 300 dollars on line to order. ( viome

7. Kathy says:

When volunteering in a veterinary hospital of one rescue organization in Canada, in a stool of one puppy with diarrhea we found the weird small worm, and when checked on a microscope, we were very aurprised to see that ot was a centipede. It was t4ansparent, with visible tinny intestines and other little organs in it’s fragmented body, tinny legs that look a bit rudimental, not like in regular centipedes, and a tail that was separated in two long parts. The head was very little and eyes rudimental, too. Looks like a species adapted to live in dark bodies of other animals, not like the ones that we can see outdoors.
    Are there any reseachers trying to find out more about this weird parasite?

8. Ana says:

I see centipedes like creature, about 1,5inch on my stool.
    I have no energy, feelink weak, migrains every other day, and pain at lower belly is constant.
    Also my belly gets swollen by no reason, even if Im not constipated.
    For god sakes, what drug can kill this thing?
    I took albendazole, and mebendazole, no sucess.
    Help me please!!!

9. JC says:

Look up Dr. Jennifer Daniels and embark on her parasite/candida cleanse using 100% pure gum spirits of Turpentine (basically an essential oil distilled from the sap of pine trees). It is an Ancient remedy, safe in small doses, and extremely effective against ridding the body of parasites, mold, bacteria, and overgrowths of candida.

10. Lew says:

I had a what looked like a 1cen very thin centipede in a portion of bowel on tissue after BM. This was 2 weeks ago. I have Lupus,Gastroparesis,Thyroid Disease,Diabetes among other issues. Is this a common parasite?

11. Jennifer Rose says:

After reading this I now feel like I’m not crazy. About a month or 2 ago I had a BM and noticed one after cleaning myself in the shower. (After dirrarhea I prefer to clean myself) and saw a brown millipede in the shower. I thought I was crazy. Just 30 minutes ago, same thing happened. I am convinced it came from me.
    We have a large window in our shower and a few small cracks that I know water and other little bugs have escaped thru but this was too coincidental which brought me to google.

I suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis, frequent stomach issues and migraines.

I am entirely grossed out and also consider myself a VERY clean person, so I’m very curious as to the cause and remedy of this.

12. Dave Proulx says:

Just this morning, after a night of diarrhea, I found an almost identical critter in my underwear. The only difference is that mine was about two inches long and had lots of legs. Picture available, but I don’t know how to post it here.