Subject: What the heck?!
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
August 29, 2016 10:03 pm
I’ve never seen one of these before in my life and now they’re crowding around on of our lights outside. We don’t have the problem on the other side of the house. These things love to dive bomb me too.
Are they poisonous? Do they bite? How do I make them go away!?
These are Leaf Footed Bugs in the genus Leptoglossus, and they are native to your area. They are not poisonous. We have never gotten a report of a person being bitten, but we would not discount that possibility. Turning off the lights that are attracting them will solve your problem.