Subject: Swallowtail Butterfly Alaska
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Here is the ONLY photo of one of the yellow Swallowtail butterflies that I have seen in Alaska. I can’t believe I don’t have more pictures. I will be on the look out for more photos now that I know you are interested.
I think have seen at least 2 different species of yellow swallowtail here in Anchorage. This is one of them, and please correct me if I’m wrong, but it is the Canadian Tiger Swallowtail. (Taken in Anchorage, Alaska May 2010)
Signature: MsRobin

Canadian Tiger Swallowtail

Canadian Tiger Swallowtail

Dear MsRobin,
We are very happy we decided today to look back over the past two weeks to see if we missed anything in the 100s of unanswered emails, and we discovered the request we made from you, unopened in the mailbox.  We agree that this is most likely a Canadian Tiger Swallowtail,
Papilio canadensis.  You may enjoy our own account of trying to get a decent image of the Western Tiger Swallowtails that frequent our office garden.

Location: new england