Subject: Ten-Lined June Beetle
Location: Glendale, California
My sister sent me this image while at a railroad museum in Glendale. She said a little boy was harassing it when she came across it, which is why its wings are like that, I assume. Your site helped me identify it as a male. I think its beautiful.
Signature: JB from Vegas

Ten Lined June Beetle from Glendale

Ten Lined June Beetle from Glendale

Dear JB,
You are correct that this is a male Ten Lined June Beetle, but we wonder if the railroad museum you mentioned is Traveltown in Griffith Park which is in Los Angeles near the Glendale Border.  We are also including an image of a Ten Lined June Beetle we shot last night on our screen door with this posting.  Last year was the first time we have found a Ten Lined June Beetle in Mount Washington in the 21 years we have lived here, and it is now our third sighting of this year with the other two being females.  These sightings at our office represent either a range expansion, or a reintroduction of a previously extirpated species.

Ten Lined June Beetle from Mount Washington

Location: Glendale, California