Subject: What’s this bug!!?
Location: Cancun Mexico
Hey, so I’m terrified of any type of bugs to begin with… I recently moved to Cancun, Mexico where the weather is super humid and hot. Last night I came across this spider-crab looking bug.. it had crab like claws on his face and apart from all its legs it had what I am assuming are legs but are super long and stringy than the rest of its body… it moved really quick. I’m just scared if there are more of these around my house and if they’re dangerous.. please help. I have a huge phobia of bugs 🙁
Signature: Scared of everything

Tailless Whipscorpion

Tailless Whipscorpion

Dear Scared of everything,
Despite its fearsome appearance and name, this Tailless Whipscorpion poses no threat to humans.  Unlike their venomous namesakes, Tailless Whipscorpions have no venom, though they do have powerful chelicerae or jaws, and they might bite if carelessly handled.  Tailless Whipscorpions are shy, nocturnal hunters that are often tolerated in tropical countries as they help control Cockroaches in the home.  In Mexico, the Tailless Whipscorpion is called a Cancle.

Update:  We just received a comment from Yadira informing us that in Michoacan, Tailless Whipscorpions are called Tindarapos.

Location: Cancun, Mexico

2 Responses to Tailless Whipscorpion from Mexico of Tindarapos

1. Yadira says:

In Michoacan, MX we call them “tindarapos”.