Subject: Uknown bug pupa/nymph
Location: South-eastern europe/Serbia
I found this bug pupa/nymph buried under ground in a group of four. They are filled with some white, almost milk like fluid and are found few inches below ground. It looks familiar to me, but I am not sure what it actually is, so I’m want to know is this bug dangerous and can it do any damage to the crops in the garden.
Signature: MD

Scarab Beetle Pupa

Scarab Beetle Pupa

Dear MD,
We are very confident that this is the Pupa of a Scarab Beetle in the family Scarabaeidae and our first thought is that it must be the Pupa of a Cockchafer since that is the most common European Scarab Beetle submitted to our site, however, based on this image posted to the Gardening & Landscaping Stack Exchange and this image posted to the HYPP Zoology page, after clicking the link, we believe you have a different species.  According to Research Gate:  “A total of 178 species, 83 genera, 15 tribes, and 7 subfamilies of the family Scarabaeidae are recorded from Serbia.”  This image of a pupa of a female European Rhinoceros Beetle,
Oryctes nasicornis ondrejanus, from BioLib looks much closer.  

Scarab Beetle Pupa

Scarab Beetle Pupa

Scarab Beetle Pupa

Scarab Beetle Pupa

Location: Serbia