Subject: Beautiful Aqua Teeny Guy!
Location: Gladwin, Michigan
This intriguing little thing found its way onto my hand while visiting family in Michigan this 4th of July weekend. Very small, very active. The only aqua colored insects I could find online were weevils and this guy didn’t have a weevil face. I tried to get a closer shot but this was as clear as I could get. It was a sunny day, approx 79-82 degrees with low humidity near Lake Lancer in Gladwin, MI (mid-Michigan, lower peninsula). Thank you for your beautiful website 💛
Signature: Bugs are beautiful

Green Immigrant Leaf Weevil

Green Immigrant Leaf Weevil

Your insect is in fact a Weevil, which is a classification of Beetles.  It is a Green Immigrant Leaf Weevil, Polydrusus formosus, which is represented on BugGuide.   According to BugGuide:  “introduced from Europe, where it is widespread.”

Green Immigrant Leaf Weevil

Green Immigrant Leaf Weevil

Thank you so much!  What a pretty little thing.  I hate that it’s an invasive introduced species.  Your website is just wonderful, thank you for your love for the little guys!

Location: Gladwin, Michigan