Subject: Which spider?
Location: Anaheim,California
Can you identify this spider for me. Sorry it’s not the clearest (I know, another one of those), but your best guess would be helpful. It was in my kitchen this morning and it’s the first time I’ve ever seen one near or in my house.
Found today, May2nd, 2016, in Anaheim, California. We live in an urban neighborhood, house built in the 60s. 64 degrees out, clear cool day.
Signature: Huh? “You’re the greatest”, “All my love”… Lol. Not sure what you mean, you pick.

Black Footed Spider

Black Footed Spider

Generally, the signature line in our standard form is used so that folks may use their real name or some funny phrase for those who want to maintain internet anonymity.  This is a Black Footed Spider or Yellow Sac Spider, Cheiracanthium mildei, based on this BugGuide image.  According to BugGuide, it is  “More often found inside man-made structures.”

Location: Anaheim, California