Subject: what kind of bug is this
Location: philippines
Good day, I want to know what kind of insects or bug is this. I was 6 months pregnant and I lost my baby because I had a preterm labor and I gave birth too early , Im thinking one of the reason is the night after I gave birth. I had bitten by insect or bug then after an hour I had rashes and then I experience difficulty of breathing until I fall asleep. When I woke up I already had my contraction for several hours and gave birth too early and sadly my baby died because the doctor said his lungs are not yet fully developed. I really wanted to know what kind of bug is this and what are the effects when you get bit by this bug.
I will truely appreciate your response.
Thank you,
Signature: What kind of bug

Assassin Bug

Assassin Bug

We are sorry to learn about your tragedy, and we cannot say for certain that an insect bite was the cause.  This Assassin Bug may be a member of the blood-sucking subfamily Triatominae.  You can find out more information on the subfamily by referring to the online article The Kissing Bug in Quezon City, Philippines.

Location: PHilippines

4 Responses to Assassin Bug from the Philippines

1. Lhei says:

Pls i need some help i think that insect bite me last night and I experience difficulty in breathing i also have some rashes. What should i do?

2. Jayson says:

that is a Kissing Bug. It is deadly with a Chagas Disease