Subject: Periodic Insect In Bedroom!
Location: Toronto, Canada
Hi these days starting in February Toronto, Canada I’ve seen this large insect in my room fly from no where onto my bed when I’m studying! It’s as big as my half index finger! It’s got long legs and crawls… Sorry but I’ve been too scared to touch it and kill them so the first time I saw it I sweeper it out. They seem hard to kill as my brother killed one before after it “revived” after being smashed by a broom twice. They have long antennae. What are they and where do they come from? Do they normally infest rooms?
Signature: J.J

Western Conifer Seed Bug

Western Conifer Seed Bug

Dear J.J,
This Western Conifer Seed Bug is a member of a species originally native to the Pacific Northwest, however, it expanded its range across North America, beginning in the 1960s, presumably with the assistance of humans.  Western Conifer Seed Bugs seek shelter indoors when weather begins to cool, and they become active indoors when the weather outside begins to warm.  At that time, they are noticed as they attempt to gain egress.

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada